Preventative maintenance ideas for winter
We’re half way through the first month of winter and hopefully it’s been a safe one for everyone.
While it isn’t known for its storms, the ghastly winds that come with winter can rip through loose or damaged roof materials and unkempt branches can fall and damage your property.
This week our Hubbies have shared their expert tips on what you need to do to keep your property maintained properly during the unpredictable winter months:
- Prune any tree branches well clear of your house and garden fence.
- Ensure loose objects in your yard, such as garden furniture, are secured so they can’t be blown around.
- Check your roof is in good repair. Ensure roof tiles are in place and replace any broken or loose tiles.
- Clear out gutters and downpipes.
- Park your car in the garage or carport. If you don’t have a garage, park your car away from any trees that could fall down and damage it.
By taking preventative measures now, you will ensure you’re not faced with costly repair bills in the future.
Need a hand getting your property up to scratch? Give one of Hire A Hubby’s property maintenance experts a call on 1800 803 339.